Friday, October 21, 2011

Homework



Thomas is learning to read!  He can read short books and basic sentences.  This is so fun for me.  He also has homework this year.  All of the international schools assign it to his age.  I dont know if this some expat overachiever phenomenon, or if all kindergartners everywhere do homework now.  Since my AUC class was postponed, (alas), I'm now starting to take Arabic.  Sometimes we do our homework together-- copying out letters and vocabulary side by side.

Here are some words I can write in arabic: (right to left)
 طفل،  باب, مکتب , بیت ، کتاب  
 (child, gate, desk, house, book
Here are some words Thomas can write in English:

cat, fat, bat, hat, jam, ran, fan, man, pan, pig, wig, the, you, bad, mad, sad, dad, pin, win, tin, Kipper, Mum

10 comments:

William Bradford said...

Kipper? As in "Win one for the Kipper"? Yom Kipper? Yum, Kipper?

An excellent word, anyway.

WB

Kath said...

A really impressive Mother Son Team.
Homework - A+

Jane said...

5 words for Mom (how did you type that in Arabic ?)
and 22 for Thomas
but whose counting

Jane said...

I meant "who's"

Anonymous said...

ratinknuthrWhat a hard working duo! Great pix.
Now we can write to Thomas too. Nancy

Laura said...

Excuse my Dutch! those letters were my attempts at word verification. Oops. Nancy

Anonymous said...

What a hard working duo! Great pix.
Now we can write to Thomas too. Nancy

Laura said...

Kipper is the name of a little boy character in the reading series they assign. T doesn't actually write the name much, but he does read it. I like it because its so British in the "yum, kipper" sense.
It took me about an hour to figure out how to write those words in arabic. There's a transliteration button on the compose page, at least if one is writing from Egypt. (Note- transliteration, not translation.)

mike said...

Yo, what up bro? Why you fronting me like that?

Emily Wheale said...

I LOVE this!