Sunday, June 5, 2011

Last thoughts



Heading home for summer holiday in the morning. We leave you with this parting shot . . .



I can't disclose at this moment why I was abaya shopping, but my friend Lucy and I had a great time trying these things on. Once you are paying attention, there is a whole language in these things-- the sleek swishy ones vs. the drab cotton, the nature of the beading-- subtle or very flashy. This one above was the silliest I saw. But I can see now how even these costumes can be adapted to express oneself-- more on this later.

See you soon dearest family! Grand Kathy-- hope we will see you at the terminal tomorrow!!

2 comments:

Gran Kathy said...

Abaya Shopping ! Thanks for finding my own true Egyptian Abaya (not the one with CC on it) Laura. See you at the Egyptair Terminal.

Next shot: The winning art work is not pictured in this shot unfortunately. It was chosen the best by an international Judge from Ethiopia (pictured). The contest was for Best Invented Animal.

Gran Kathy said...

Abaya Shopping ! Thanks for finding my own true Egyptian Abaya (not the one with CC on it) Laura. See you at the Egyptair Terminal.

Next shot: The winning art work is not pictured in this shot unfortunately. It was chosen the best by an international Judge from Ethiopia (pictured). The contest was for Best Invented Animal.